INTERNAL SALES VACANCY - SCOTLAND OFFICE NOV 2021
EDC INTERNAL SALES POSITION:
EDC (Scotland) Ltd is looking for a talented and competitive inside sales representative, who thrives in a support industry where the customers’ needs are top priority.
EDC is a long-established drives & controls company with many long-standing contracts in:
• water & wastewater,
• marine & offshore (to name just a few).
We recently won the current SR21 Framework from Scottish Water covering Pan-Scotland. This is a 5+2-year framework.
We are unique in Scotland in that we are both a Service Partner (having a team of fully qualified engineers) and distributor for ABB Drives, ABB LV Control & Switchgear, Bussmann Fuses & Carlo Gavazzi.
Reporting to the General Manager and the Sales Director, you will be responsible for dealing with customer enquiries via telephone, the website and e-mail for the supply of: variable speed drives (VSDs/inverters), softstarts, LV motors, switch & fuse gear as well as EDC site services - including our hire fleet, harmonic and power factor surveys and service/repair work.
Your routine duties will vary, but you will be expected to:
THE ROLE - INTERNAL SALES
• Take initial customer enquiry
• Prepare and submit sales quotation using our EMIR operating system
• Liaising with suppliers and distributors
• Building relationships with customers and gaining repeat business
• Following up quotations within a defined period
• Passing enquiries for site related work to external sales team
• Supporting or external sales team with quotation creation and order processing
• Following the job from initial quote, through to order and delivery
• Learning the key products of EDC and having the confidence to support and guide our client base.
• Building relationships with the manufacturer to best understand your support structure.
• Proficient with office-based programmes such as Excel & Word.
• Excellent telephone manner
• Good under pressure & able to work accurately to deadlines
• Investigative, persistent & friendly personality, with a positive outlook
• Presentable with good timekeeping
• Adaptable & willing to learn
• Internal sales experience.
• Knowledge of electrical industry preferably including motor applications and VSDs (experience not required but willingness to learn).
• Full manufacturer & internal training will be provided to the successful candidate.
• From time to time you may be asked to attend site meetings with the external team.
• Occasionally you may be asked to assist another member of staff or management in general administrative duties.
• You may be expected to attend internal meetings to give progress reports and updates.
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
• Hours of work will be from 8-30 am to 5pm Monday to Thursday.
• Friday 8-30am to 4-30pm.
• A half hour per day is allowed for lunch.
• Annual leave is 32 days.
• Eligible for pension scheme.
• A 3-month probation period will apply for this position.
EDC conduct our interview process over 2 stages and ask those successful individuals in the 1st stage to complete an online questionnaire before progressing to the final stage.
EDC (Scotland) Ltd is part of a larger group of companies which includes EDC (Air Compressors) Ltd and EDC (North East) Ltd.
We encourage growth and have opportunities available for the right candidate to progress through the businesses.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your C.V