SERVICE ENGINEER VACANCY
COMPRESSED AIR SERVICE ENGINEER - NEW VACANCY
Location: Ideally located in Scotland Central Belt
Salary: Negotiable DoE + Company Van and Benefits
The Compressed Air Service Engineer will report to the Service Manager and deliver a first rate compressed air engineering service to customers throughout Scotland, providing advice, diagnostics, routine maintenance and emergency help whenever/wherever needed. The service engineer will act as an ambassador for the company on-site. To cover customer sites in Scotland.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertake planned and preventative maintenance of compressed air systems and blowers
- Perform emergency breakdown fault finding and repair
- Install and commission air compressors, blowers and associated ancillary equipment
- Complete service reports, timesheets and recommendations in a timely manner
- Recommend additional work that assists the customers and enhances performance
- Maintain good professional working relationships with all existing customers and help with development of new customers
- Comply with both customer health and safety environmental procedures
Skills and Qualifications:
- Electrical/electronical qualification essential
- Previous experience working on industrial compressed air systems and blowers
- Previous experience in field-based role is essential
- Able to work overtime as required with some occasional nights away
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good IT skills
- Desire to provide high-quality workmanship
The Compressed Air Service Engineer will also be willing to learn about Variable Speed Drives –
- Fault Finding & Repair
The successful candidate will be trained on the above through dedicated training courses in the classroom, online, workshop and onsite support of an existing team of 6 VSD service engineers.
A basic electrical knowledge is essential.
EDC is the Scottish Authorized Value Provider for the Global market leader for ABB VSDs.