Vacancy - part time sales ledger assistant.
It's 'accrual' world, but if you know the score, and numbers just seamlessly 'add up' for you...EDC is hiring! Be 'audit' you can be and join our team as a part time sales ledger assistant!
And now the specifics, a varied and challenging position where you will manage much of your own time and workload, you'll be dilligent, detail orientated, highly motivated and very, very .....very good with numbers - and people.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be responsible for Sales Ledger and a portion of the month end procedure.
Bookkeeping / Finance knowledge is essential, including month end procedures.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Your routine duties will vary, but you will be expected to carry out:
- Sales Invoicing
- Weekly debtor control – telephone / email customers to confirm payment dates and chase any overdue payments
- Issue customer statements at the end of each month
- Assist with month end e.g. sales invoice accruals, general accruals, stock adjustments and closing sales ledger
- Populate internal finance dashboards
- Deal with general sales ledger enquires, e.g. provide copy invoices / statements etc
- Open and distribute mail
- Daily bank reconciliation
- Provide general support to Finance Manager
- Proficient with office-based programmes such as Excel & Word, and ideally EMIR
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good under pressure & able to work accurately to deadlines
- Investigative, persistent & friendly personality, with a positive outlook
- Presentable with good time-keeping
- Adaptable & willing to learn
- As you will be working in the accounts office, you will be requested to answer the overspill of calls from the main switchboard
- From time to time you may be asked to greet visitors / customers arriving on site
- Occasionally you may be asked to assist another member of staff or management in general administrative duties
- You may be expected to attend finance meetings and internal meetings to give progress reports and updates
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
- 6-month temporary contract, may be extended if work demands
- 2 days per week to be agreed. From 8-30 am to 5pm. A half hour per day is allowed for lunch
- Company profit share bonus scheme.
- Pension scheme
Applications to Anna Murray @ email@example.com