VACANCY (SCOTLAND) - EXTERNAL DRIVE SERVICE ENGINEER
Job description: Variable speed drive field service engineer
Due to an increasing volume of work EDC (Scotland) Ltd requires a qualified engineer with proven experience of variable speed drives and control systems. Employment is full time for a 3 month initial contract. You will be based in Erskine, but cover the whole of Scotland. Additional training on ABB variable speed drives will be provided if you have previously been working with drives made by another manufacturer.
Overview of the role and its responsibilities:
Your routine duties will vary, but you will be expected to:
- Inspect, service, commission and assist in installing an extensive range of ABB drives
- Deal with customers over the phone and via email, providing technical support
- Fault find and diagnose problems in variable speed drives
- Read and interpret electrical drawings
- Assist in cabinet assembly, incorporating variable speed drives
As a brand ambassador for both EDC and our supplier ABB, you will travel to customers’ sites to ascertain and resolve drive problems. You should also be able to advise customers on how production lines and systems can be optimised (and energy saved) by the use of inverters.
Essential Requirements and Skill Set:
- An experienced engineer used to problem solving—experience is essential for this role as it is not an entry level position
- Good under pressure and able to work independently
- Investigative & friendly personality, with a positive outlook
- Presentable (workwear will be provided) with good timekeeping
- Adaptable & willing to expand your knowledge base
- Clean and current driving license
You may be required to attend site meetings / internal meetings to give progress reports and updates. Working overtime may also be required.
General terms and conditions: This job is for a 3 month period, but may be subject to extension.
- Normal hours of work will be from 8-30 am to 5pm Monday to Friday occasionally early starts, overtime and overnight stays may be required
- A half hour per day is allowed for lunch
Company van, credit card, workwear, phone and laptop will be provided
This is a role the right candidate can expand into, pursuing areas of interest whilst becoming a valuable and valued member of a welcoming team of top class engineers. In the first instance email your C.V to firstname.lastname@example.org and let's take it from there.