Vacancy - Technical Internal Sales & Office Support EDC Scotland Ltd
At EDC, we don't expect you to be a robot.
We want you to be a a solutions provider.
There's never been a better time to join one of Scotland and the north east's most rapidly growing ABB drive and motor value providers. Due to internal promotion we now have a what promises to be an interesting career in internal technical sales - not just a job. It's a change to excel in technical sales. Interested? Read on.
Full-time. Based in Erskine. Reporting to the Office Manager, you will be responsible for assisting in Internal Sales, including offering support to external Account Managers and sales order processing.
Overview of the role and its responsibilities
Your routine duties will vary, but you will be expected to:
• Provide sales support for the Account Managers
• Deal with customers over the phone and e-mail, providing technical support
• Liaise with suppliers and distributors
• Evaluate customer requirements and prepare quotations, product specification, selection and pricing
• Send out quotations, tracking them, and following up
• Monitor WIP (Work In Progress) and dispatch orders when complete
• Attend manufacturers' Training Courses
The Role – Office Support
• Processing customers’ orders and ordering from suppliers to fulfil.
• Answer incoming calls and direct.
• Proficient with office-based programmes such as Excel & Word.
• Excellent telephone manner
• Good under pressure & able to work accurately to deadlines
• Investigative, persistent & friendly personality, with a positive outlook
• Presentable with good timekeeping
• Adaptable & willing to learn
• From time to time you may be asked to greet visitors / customers arriving on site.
• Occasionally you may be asked to assist another member of staff or management in general administrative duties.
• You may be expected to attend site meetings and internal meetings to give progress reports and updates.
General terms and conditions
• Hours of work will be from 8-30 am to 5pm Monday to Thursday.
• Friday 8-30am to 4-30pm.
• A half hour per day is allowed for lunch.
• Annual leave is 32 days.
• Eligible for pension scheme.
• A 3-month probation period will apply for this position.
This is a role the right candidate can expand into, pursuing areas of interest whilst becoming a valuable and valued member of a welcoming team. In the first instance email your C.V to firstname.lastname@example.org and let's take it from there.