Vacancy Scotland - Warehouse Assistant & General Odd Jobs Person June 2023
Job Description: Warehouse Assistant & General Odd Jobs Person - EDC Scotland
Working under the direction of the Stores Manager your routine duties will vary, but you will be expected to:
• Accept deliveries and check over goods.
• Book goods in and out.
• Preparing goods for shipment.
• Advising engineers/sales/service coordination when goods are received.
• Stock – planning and organising stock, sorting racking and labelling.
• Advising purchasing staff if items are running low, regular stock movers only.
• Performing weekly random stock checks against EMIR database, reporting any discrepancies.
• Preforming monthly stock checks by manufacturer (sales product manager to assist).
• Carry out ad hoc urgent deliveries (full driving licence required).
• Identify service projects by liaising with sales and engineering departments.
• Organise components by job into segregated stores area ready for service engineer.
• Produce and complete check list of components and attached to job box, tick off items received, tick off items received (procedure to be supplied and training provided).
• Clearly mark job number.
• Keeping the stores and workshop area clean and tidy.
• Purchase consumables (i.e., crimps/cable/relays etc.) as per engineers’ requirements.
• Carry out a weekly litter collection from external company grounds.
• De-ice paths during winter months.
• Jet wash path and external building annually.
• Carry out minor building repairs, maintenance, and upgrades.
• Internal decorating when required.
• Assist engineers on site and in-house when required.
• Organise the collection and emptying of skips and bins (internal & external).
• Assist sales/service team with stock relocation.
• Assist engineers with creation of panel/compressor workshop.
- Time management
- Reporting skills
- Inventory control
- Documentation skills
Basic Terms of Employment
• Working hours. 39.5 per week, Monday-Thursday 08:30-17:00, Friday 08:30-16:30.
• Full EDC workwear & PPE provided.
• Annual holiday: 35 days (4 of which are statutory 1st & 2nd Jan and 25th & 26th Dec).
• Internal training provided. (Computer literacy required).
• Living Wage Salary. £10.42 per hour.
• Company Bonus Scheme (offered once probation is passed).
• Auto Enrollment Pension Scheme.
• Due to company location and delivery element of this role a full driving license is required.
• Company delivery van available for local drops during business hours.
To apply email: firstname.lastname@example.org