Terms and Conditions
EDC (Scotland) Limited TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE All orders are accepted subject to our standard conditions of sale, which are available on request. Your attention is drawn to an extract printed below. EXTRACT OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
- These conditions apply to the exclusion of any conditions whatsoever of the buyer whether implied or expressed.
- No variation waiver or addition to these conditions will be accepted by the Company unless agreed in writing and signed by a Director of the Company.
- The Company reserves the right to vary prices at any time. Prices are exclusive of value added tax or duties which the buyer shall be additionally liable to pay to the Company.
- Prices quoted relate to goods collected from Company premises and do not include delivery charges, which the buyer shall be additionally liable to pay to the Company.
- The Company will attempt to meet the buyers reasonable delivery requirements but delivery dates quoted are approximate and time shall not be of the essence.
- The buyer shall inspect the goods upon receipt and notify the Company without delay of any items, which are missing or damaged.
- The goods will remain the property of the Company until the Company has received payment in full for the goods and any other goods supplied to the Buyer by the Company.
- If any goods sold by the Company are proved to be defective, (provided they are returned within 7 days from the date of delivery, or where the defect was not apparent on reasonable inspection within a reasonable time after discovery of the defect) and the Company is satisfied that such defect is not as a result of damage, misuse or incorrect installation by the buyer the Company shall at its sole discretion and subject to satisfactory proof of purchase either: a) Arrange for the goods to be repaired at no cost to the buyer or b) Replace the goods (or the part in question) or c) Refund to the buyer the price of the goods (or a proportionate part of the price) and in any case the Company shall have no further liability to the buyer. The statutory rights of the Buyer are not affected.
- An order may only be cancelled with the Company's written agreement and the buyer will reimburse the Company for all losses, costs, charges and expenses incurred as a result of such cancellation. In the event of cancellation, the cost of shipping returned goods will be borne by the customer. Goods which have had the seal broken, or which have been tailored to customer's requirements cannot be returned. This includes products which are now considered to be obsolete and have been bought in or sourced specifically for a customer's requirement ie which are not stock items and cannot be returned to the seller, distributor or manufacturer. A handling charge may be made for the return of some items and returned goods must be deemed fit for resale upon inspection. Emergency service calls are also exempt from the right of cancellation.
- The Company does not supply goods on a sale or return basis and there is no obligation on the Company to accept returned goods. Payment for the goods (except where ordered online) is due on delivery (to account holders) unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Company. Pro forma terms will be offerd to non-account holders.
- For errors in orders placed on-line, please contact us by phone 0141 812 3222 and confirm with an email to email@example.com so that your order can be rectified prior to shipping.
- The Company reserves the right to refuse any order and refund any monies paid (including shipping).
- Where goods are shipped abroad any and all clearance charges, duties, levies and taxes will be bourne by the customer.