External Sales Engineer Vacancy - Nov 2022 - Scotland
External Sales Engineer
EDC (Scotland) Ltd are looking for a talented and competitive external sales engineer / electrical estimator to join our team. Ideally suited to a good communicator who thrives in a support industry where the customer needs are top priority.
EDC are a long-established Drives & Controls company with many long-standing contracts in Water & Wastewater, PetroChemical, HVAC, Aggregates, Marine & Offshore.
EDC recently completed and won the current SR21 Framework from Scottish Water covering Pan-Scotland. This is a 5+2-year framework.
EDC are unique in Scotland given that we are both a Service Partner (having a team of fully qualified engineers) and Distributor for ABB Drives, ABB LV Control & Switchgear, Bussmann Fuses & Carlo Gavazzi.
As an external sales engineer you would be required to attend customer sites throughout Scotland to survey for new installations, equipment upgrades for obsolescence / process improvements or problem solving in relation to motor control systems.
These installations will vary site to site and will vary in size and complexity from existing MCC refits to direct mounting of equipment in the vicinity of individual applications.
You will be tasked with establishing the client requirements and offering best advice and solution from EDC.
Role will cover collating materials, equipment, and labour costs, gathering quotes from sub-contractors and suppliers if appropriate and assessing level of risk on projects.
Typical project values are in the range of £5,000 to £100,000
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Your routine duties will vary, but you will include
• Follow up on sales enquiries received from the internal sales team
• Arrange site visits with clients to survey and provide costed proposal
• Arrange and carry our site energy audits and provide proposals as appropriate using in house software packages and the official “ABB Energy Tool”
• Cost proposals and prepare quotation for client at office
• Liaising with suppliers and distributors
• Building relationships with customers and gaining repeat business
• Following up quotations within a defined period
• Following the job from initial quote, through to order and delivery
• Providing telephone assistance to clients as well as sales colleagues
• Learning the key products of EDC and having the confidence to support and guide our client base when issues arise.
• Building relationships with the manufacturer to best understand your support structure.
• Proficient with office-based programmes such as Excel & Word.
• Excellent telephone manner
• Good under pressure & able to work accurately to deadlines
• Investigative, persistent & friendly personality, with a positive outlook
• Presentable with good timekeeping
• Adaptable & willing to learn
• Internal/External sales role or electrical engineering position
• Knowledge of electrical industry preferably including motor applications and VSDs & SoftStarts. (any manufacturer)
• Full manufacturer & internal training will be provided to the successful candidate
General Terms & Conditions
• Core hours of work will be from 8-30 am to 5pm Monday to Thursday
• Friday 8-30am to 4-30pm.
• Flexibility is necessary in this role, with occasional overnight stays away from home (expenses paid)
• A half hour per day is allowed for lunch.
• Annual leave is 32 days.
• Laptop & Company Mobile provided
• Company car scheme / mileage claim back available
• Company bonus scheme activates after probation period
• Eligible for pension scheme
• A 3-month probation period will apply for this position
EDC conduct our interview process over 2 stages and ask those successful individuals in the 1st stage to complete an online questionnaire before progressing to the final stage.
EDC (Scotland) Ltd are part of a larger group of companies that include EDC (Air Compressors) Ltd and EDC (North East) Ltd.
We encourage growth and have opportunities available for the right candidate to progress through the businesses.
To apply, send a copy of your C.V to email@example.com