field service engineer vacancy - March 2023 - Scotland
Field Service Engineer
Due to a huge increase in growth, EDC (Scotland) Ltd requires a qualified engineer with experience of variable speed drives and control systems. In this full-time position, you will be based in Erskine, but cover the whole of Scotland.
Training on ABB variable speed drives will be provided to manufacturer levels.
Experience with ABB and other manufacturer variable speed drives systems welcomed.
Overview of the role and its responsibilities.
Your routine duties will vary, but you will be expected to.
• Inspect, service, commission and assist in installing an extensive range of ABB drives
• Deal with customers over the phone and via email, providing technical support
• Fault find and diagnose problems in variable speed drives
• Read and interpret electrical drawings
• Assist in cabinet assembly, incorporating variable speed drives
As a brand ambassador for both EDC and our main supplier ABB, you will travel to customers’ sites to install, commission, maintain, service, fault find and problem solve on systems with and without variable speed drives.
Essential Requirements and Skill Set.
• An experienced engineer with problem solving experience is essential for this role as it is not an entry level position, you'll need to hit the ground running
• Good under pressure and able to work independently (but always with back-up from our brilliant team)
• Investigative & friendly personality, with a positive outlook
• Presentable, with good timekeeping
• Adaptable & willing to expand your knowledge base
• Current driving license is essential
You may be required to attend site / internal meetings to give progress reports and updates. Working overtime may also be required which is rewarded with payment.
General terms and conditions.
This is a full-time position
Normal hours of work will be from 8-30 am to 5pm Monday to Friday occasionally early starts, overtime and overnight stays may be required
A half-hour per day is allowed for lunch
Company van, credit card, workwear, phone, and laptop will be provided.
3 to 6 months’ probation period at manager’s discretion.
This is a role the right candidate can expand into, pursuing areas of interest whilst becoming a valuable and valued member of a welcoming team of top class engineers.
Email your C.V to firstname.lastname@example.org