HSE MANAGER VACANCY AUGUST 2022
Are you NEBOSH qualified? Are you looking for a new challenge? Maybe you're the HSE manager the EDC group of companies has been looking for.
N.B You must be able to commute between Erskine and Newcastle for this position. You will mainly be based in our office in Erskine. Remote working is not possible.
With a passion for best practice and delivering a robust safety culture, the job will entail the following:
To cultivate and maintain strong customer relationships
Assist the leadership team to develop, manage and monitor the HSE performance of the company
Monitor and advise on all HSE matters, issues and concerns to ensure Company compliance with statutory requirements, Company and contractual requirements and good industry practice
Liaise with Customers and Supply Chain, regarding HSE matters, ensuring their expectations are met
Responsible for Company’s HSE processes and procedures to ensure the Company maintains its accreditations: ISO9001, Achilles FPAL Verified, Achilles UVDB B2 Verified etc, jointly with our Quality Manager
Responsible for management of and liaison with HSE auditors to acquire/maintain the Company’s accreditations
Conduct audits to evaluate the effectiveness of systems and procedures, identifying, assisting and implementing improvements
Gain buy-in from staff when implementing new procedures and policies
Manage and monitor emergency procedures, signage, PPE, COSHH control etc
Report on Company’s HSE performance to the leadership team and statutory authorities as/when required
Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
Conduct HSE training courses using internal and external resources when required
Maintain awareness of evolving industry HSE regulations and best practice and how they could be applied to the Company’s operations
Act as Subject Matter Expert for HSE matters
Produce further analysis and reports as may be required by the Directors from time to time
Produce monthly one-page A4 summary report of work undertaken for General Manager and Directors to include-
- Projects progress e.g. Lone working analysis
- Customer visits
- Safety circulations
- Vendor Questionnaires completed.
- Work shop and stores HSE matters
- COSH Cupboard
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion
- Offer HSE consultancy to the Company’s subsidiaries and affiliates when required
- Vehicle Fleet (SC) only - NE and AC will sort own servicing and repairs
- Put in place systems and processes to ensure MOTs/Tax and Servicing is undertaken in a timely manner viewable by management team
- Create and Maintain Asset Register of key equipment for all 3 companies in the group
- Carryout regular checks
- Regular Contact with key account customer HSE Managers to ensure compliance from site engineers
- Quality system implementation at EDC NE if required in the future and supported by the Quality Manager
- Review Training Matrix with Engineers annually
- To carry out any other duties commensurate with this post as directed by the Directors.
· NEBOSH or equivalent essential
· Excellent and topical knowledge of HSE Management Systems
· Strong leadership skills to constantly drive safety improvements
· A “hands-on” implementer of processes and change
· Consistently acknowledges and appreciates each team member's contributions.
· Motivates team to work together in the most efficient manner
· Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members
· Mitigates team conflict and communication problems
· Maintain Company integrity through confidentiality and discretion
· Promote the Company and associated organisations
· Travel around UK and meet with clients to discuss requirements
Cycle to work scheme
To apply email:email@example.com and let's start the conversation.