Vacancy - EDC Scotland: office administrator and business support
Office Administrator and Business Support
Are you highly organised? Can you balance multiple tasks simultaneously whilst maintaining attention to detail? Can you think strategically? These are great attributes for this role. But, we want even more. We need someone who has a positive outlook, is motivated and can flip from one task to another calmly (and with a smile). You'll be keen to learn, to expand your comfort zone and to throw yourself into tasks side-by-side with your colleagues. We need YOU to help everyone in EDC be as efficient as they can be, providing strong support for all our departments. And if you're also proactive in your approach to work, so much the better!
Have I just described you? If so you should be sending your C.V. off to us now...
Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for assisting in the day to day running of both the sales and accounts departments.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Your routine duties will vary, but you will be expected to:
The Role – Office Administrator
• Assisting the sales team with filing, scanning and sales/purchase order expediting
• Liaising with suppliers and distributors
• Assist the Marketing Dept. with mail shots
• Update EDC server with personnel & business records
• Update Sales Operating System with correct data & price lists
• Raising delivery notes for invoicing
The Role – Office Support
• Meeting & greeting visitors
• Processing customers’ orders and ordering from suppliers to fulfil
• Assist Service Co-Ordination team with engineer’s diary
• Monitoring WIP (Work In Progress) and despatching orders when complete
• Answering telephones and directing customers to the sales team
• Holiday & Sick Leave cover
• GRN stock control
• Proficient with office-based programmes such as Excel & Word.
• Excellent telephone manner
• Good under pressure & able to work accurately to deadlines
• Investigative, persistent & friendly personality, with a positive outlook
• Presentable with good timekeeping
• Adaptable & willing to learn
• From time to time you may be asked to greet visitors / customers arriving on site.
• Occasionally you may be asked to assist another member of staff or management in general administrative duties.
• You may be expected to attend site internal meetings to give progress reports and updates.
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
• Hours of work will be from 8-30 am to 5pm Monday to Thursday.
• Friday 8-30am to 4-30pm.
• A half hour per day is allowed for lunch.
• Annual leave is 32 days.
• Eligible for pension scheme.
• A 3-month probation period will apply for this position.
Interested in taking your career forward? Email. firstname.lastname@example.org and let's chat.