VACANCY: HEALTH & SAFETY ADVISOR WITH GENERAL ADMIN DUTIES
Health and Safety Advisor with General Admin duties.
Expansion brings responsibilities. As our group of 3 companies continues to grow (EDC Scotland, EDC North East, EDC Air Compressors) we now require a competent health and safety advisor, who also has the ability to become involved in company administration.
With responsibility for all 3 companies, you will be based in our Erskine office, just outside Glasgow.
The H&S role will be combined with general admin duties to support the General Managers/Technical Director and will include:
- Running the vehicle fleet
- Supporting our Service Coordinator during holiday periods
Candidates should ideally have IOSH or NEBOSH qualifications, or show a track record in a similar role.
The successful candidate will be responsible for site safety. They will develop and instigate policies and procedures to make sure people are safe in their working environment. As well as investigating and reporting accidents they will provide guidance to managers on how to comply with the law. They will also take responsibility for health-related projects, such as organising talks and staff training.
Responsibilities of the job include:
- investigating health-related complaints and cases of ill health
- carrying out risk assessments and on-site inspections
- ensuring equipment is installed correctly and safely
- identifying potential hazards
- determining ways of reducing risks
- compiling statistics and report writing
- running health and safety meetings and training courses for employees
- liaising with external health and safety authorities
- keeping up-to-date records and ensuring compliance with current health and safety legislation.
Key skills for health and safety advisers:
Calm, patient and assertive, you will have excellent communication skills explain health and safety procedures to people who aren't familiar with it.
Other essential qualities and skills include:
- strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- I.T. literate
- committed to further study
- an eye for detail
- good interpersonal skills and a willingness to work with people at all levels of an organisation.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org and ref you application H&S. We look forward to hearing from you!