Vacancy (Scotland) - Electrical Engineering Digital Assistant March 2023
Electrical Engineer/Digital Assistant
EDC (Scotland) Ltd are looking for an engineer to join our team. A good communicator with an industrial background who thrives in a support industry where the customer needs are top priority.
EDC are an established Drives & Controls company with many long-standing contracts in Water & Wastewater, PetroChemical, HVAC, Aggregates, Marine & Offshore.
EDC recently completed and won the current SR21 Framework from Scottish Water covering Pan-Scotland. This is a 5+2-year framework.
EDC are the ABB Partner for Variable speed Drives and Motors in Scotland.
EDC (Scotland) Ltd requires an Electrically trained engineer ideally with experience of variable speed drives and control systems. In this full-time position, you will be based in Erskine, but cover the whole of Scotland.
As the market moves towards remote monitoring and the digital age we require an engineer to install and commission remote monitoring equipment.
Carry out best efficiency pump testing (BEP) and optimise systems for lowest energy consumption.
Assist with R&D projects for our client base.
Full training will be provided for the successful candidate on both the remote monitoring systems and ABB Variable speed drives to manufacturer level.
Experience with ABB and other manufacturer variable speed drives systems is welcomed.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Your routine duties will vary, but you will be expected to:
• Learn new technologies with remote monitoring and digital capabilities
• Installation of remote monitoring setup and commissioning
• Carrying out BEP testing on site and provide customer with technical report
• Modifying setup and control of VSDs to minimise energy consumption
• Modify control circuits for above
• Deal with customers over the phone and via email, providing technical support and reports
• Estimation activities to support Sales Team
• Connection of Power Quality equipment and setup
• Progression will include further technical challenges including –
o Application solution and sizing
o Application problem solving
o Harmonic analysis and report writing
As a brand ambassador for both EDC and our main supplier ABB, you will travel to customers’ sites to install, commission, maintain, service, fault find and problem solve on systems with and without variable speed drives.
• Electrical control systems
• Ability to understand industrial processes
• Problem solving experience
• Good under pressure and able to work independently (but always with back-up from our brilliant team)
• Investigative & friendly personality, with a positive outlook
• Presentable, with good timekeeping
• Adaptable & willing to expand your knowledge base
• Current driving license is essential
You may be required to attend site / internal meetings to give progress reports and updates. Working overtime may also be required which is rewarded with payment.
General Terms & Conditions
• Full-Time Position
• Core hours of work will be from 8-30 am to 5pm Monday to Thursday
• Friday 8-30am to 4-30pm
• Flexibility is necessary in this role, with overnight stays away from home (expenses paid)
• A half hour per day is allowed for lunch
• Annual leave is 32 days
• Laptop & Company Mobile provided
• Company van provided
• Company Credit Card for expenses & fuel
• PPE & Workwear provided
• Company bonus scheme activates after probation period
• Eligible for pension scheme
• A 3-6 month probation period will apply for this position
EDC (Scotland) Ltd are part of a larger group of companies that include EDC (Air Compressors) Ltd and EDC (North East) Ltd.
We encourage growth and have opportunities available for the right candidate to progress through the businesses.
Email your CV to email@example.com - and let's start the conversation.