VACANCY - semi-skilled person with electrical knowledge
A brilliant opportunity to join a friendly, established, expanding, respected company - an ABB Value Provider for drives and motors.
3 month contract, subject to extension.
Reports To: line manager
The job is based in Scotland and comprises a 40-hour week. You will be working in-house or on-site. Your duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Acting as leadman, monitoring and actioning service visits and contracts on our customers' sites.
- Document and report writing.
- Acting as second man on breakdowns, assisting and working alongside fully trained engineers.
- Supporting our specialist variable speed drive engineers to install drives and electrical installations (and acting as a brand ambassador for EDC Scotland Ltd). Being fully compliant with health and safety regulations in house and on-site.
This position requires a conscientious, self-motivated person who can work with limited supervision and take instruction. Good communication skills are essential as you will be liaising with clients and passing accurate information back to the office. You will be responsible for your own safety and for the safety of those around you. Working on 3 phase systems you will possess a calm, thorough manner.
- 18th edition preferred, but not essential
- Electrical qualifications to merit this position, or relevant experience
- Good communicator
- At least 2 years’ experience on working with live electricity
- Good knowledge of electrical fabrication
- Full driving license is essential
If you can see yourself in this position, email a copy of your C.V. to email@example.com. We look forward to welcoming you aboard!